Thursday, January 29, 2009

Stress!!

I am feeling stressed today. My hay people ran out of round bales they could sell me, but promised they had another guy who could get me some. Maybe even enough to get me through until first cutting. I talked to my lady the end of last week. She said the other guy would call me by the end of this week, but I haven't heard from him yet. I am down to my last bale. I don't have this other guy's number, so I am contemplating calling my lady again to see if she'll give it to me. I'm gonna need a delivery by Monday. Eek!!

Still playing phone tag with Lucy. Sent her an e-mail today to see if we could get some things worked out over e-mail. Thinking about going to the AHHA clinic in the spring. We'll see if I can get the time off. I am on day number nine of working and looking forward to a day off on Sunday. Still not sure what I am going to do about Token. Kim has offered some friendly advice about getting him into the barn and spending a whole day trying to get a rope on him. A whole day?!? Is he insane? I don't have an hour in a day to do my dishes and clean the cat's litter box, let alone a whole day to spend in a stinky barn in the freezing cold trying to get a rope around a horse who wants nothing to do with me. I remember the last time Josh and I tried to rope him. He ended up standing in the corner of the barn pretty much just laughing at the two of us because we were so horrible with that stupid thing. I'm trying to con Kim into coming up and doing it for me. For those of you that know him, know that it will take bribery with work and lots of gas money to get him to even think about it. Oh well, I have plenty of horses that need their feet done and the possibility of making room for a few of his older mares. We'll see how it goes.

Becky

1 comment:

  1. Dave Reynolds uses a rope loop on a stick to gently catch unhandled horses. I've seen others do it as well. You don't need to have the rope handling skills that are needed to actually rope a horse to do it that was.

    Watch Kitty Lauman's Ranger videos. She does this. Good trainer, btw!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0G3wzVyR00

    ReplyDelete