Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hay Abound!!!

Well I got hay, and lots of it!! Which is a good thing. But, of course, I paid way to much for bales that I thought would be bigger and of better quality. Oh well, it's there and that's all that matters right now.

We had another jail break Saturday, but I'm not sure this one was on accident this time. I was at work that night and got a phone call from the guy I rent from. He said that the sheriff had called his dad wondering if they had horses on their property because some were loose. I sent Josh out there, and, sure enough, the horses were out. He said that gate was down. Well then when we were out there meeting the hay guy yesterday I noticed that two of the actual fence posts were bent outward. So I went to investigate. Turns out the wires were all messed up and the top one had been re-tied to the wood fence post with bailing twine. It looked like someone had tried to drive through the fence with a big flatbed truck. So I made some phone calls. Joey, the guy I rent from, was out of town all weekend. I knew that before I even knew about the fence. He said that his grandpa wouldn't have been out there because I guess he's not doing well at all. His dad rarely goes out around the horses when he's out at the farm, and he didn't mention to Joey when he called that he had to fix the fence. Or that he had even been out there at all. My friend that works at dispatch said that the first 911 call came in at twenty after one that day that there were horses on the highway. At ten to two the last entry in the computer said they were heading back up the road toward Joey's place. I didn't get any calls until after seven. Now, if the horses learned how to tie wires up with bailing twine I am going nation wide with this show!! So Joey and I are thinking about putting some cameras up. He has had problems with people just stopping by and messing with his stuff before, and I am thinking that next time the horses get out I am going to have problems with the police. I will help pay for some cameras, I was planning on getting a few foaling cams for spring anyways. If it catches whoever is messing with my animals it'll be well worth it.

On to the next order of business. The Midwest Spanish Mustang Club is having a meeting the first of March at Jane Greenwood's Zen Cowboys in Lonsdale, MN. Anyone interested in attending can e-mail me for more info.

Oh, I almost forgot. I am looking for a 6 by 16 foot stock trailer to make a trip out to Kim's ranch. I am going to pick up two mares, Blue Northern and Wyoming Trail Blazer. Blue Northern is a blue corn mare, SMR #1709, by Chickasaw Warrior out of Wild Water. She will be on permanent lease to me to be bred to Remme. Trailblazer is Kim's stallion Reflection's dam, and will be staying until May til Kim can get her on summer grass. This is only going to happen if I can find a trailer to borrow in time. We'll see how it goes.

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment