Thursday, February 26, 2009

Every time I start.....

Ok, so it's been like a month since my last post. I am not going to lie, I have started about five different ones during work and never got to finish any of them!! Lots has happened in the last few weeks. I've been busy busy with work, feeding, and attempting to do some training on the warmer days. Which are few and far between.

Taxes have come back, and I finally have money!! YAY!!! It's pretty much gone already though. I bought myself a trailer, or am in the process of buying myself a trailer. A five horse stock, 6 by 16 feet, hay rack on top, feed bins, tack area, the whole shebang. It's awesome!! I'm so excited!! I pick it up in Fargo on my way to Kim's ranch to pick up my two new mares, Blue Northern and Wyoming Trailblazer. Well, one is mine, the other goes back in the spring so Kim can breed her. I am also getting Blue Northern's weanling stud colt out of Black Knight Warrior. I don't really want him cause I don't have the room, but he's coming anyways and will be for sale. It'll be interesting to see how he turns out. We'll be putting up another paddock come spring time at my current place. Once the mares are back up to condition they'll be turned out with Remme. I am excited to see what Remme and Blue Northern produce. She had a magnificent medicine hat filly by Remme's dad before he died, so hopefully they can make something of that caliber. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!!

Things are getting hammered out for the Fargo Expo. I am bringing Okauchee and Ransom this year. Hopefully some little kid will fall in love with him and take him home. He's going to be the perfect kid's horse. He's already completely in love with my little girl. It would be nice to keep him for her, but I have to sell something to make room for more!! The plight of every horse owner. Ransom follows me around like a little puppy dog and has discovered treats. He's just to cute. I want to love him forever!! If Julie comes to the Expo I will be able to pick up my saddle and hopefully back Okauchee while we are there. I think I'll make Kim climb on him first!! Ha ha, he's a lot bigger then me. Harder to dump. We'll see how it goes. It should be a good time no matter what.

Going home this weekend for our Midwest Spanish Mustang Club meeting. We are going to talk about the Midwest Horse Fair and the Minnesota Horse Expo. I wish I lived closer, then I could bring horses to both. It'll be nice to see Jane and her horses again. Plus the rest of the club members. It's been awhile.

Ok, I am getting busy at work so I better go. I think I covered everything!!

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment